, , , , , , , , , , ,

We had a wonderful weekend, but now it is time to catch up on some sleep before we head to Istanbul later this week for the marathon.


Saturday morning was our last “long” run before the marathon. We got a little bit later of a start than usual because we knew it was only 8 miles and wouldn’t take us as long. Plus, it was a chilly morning and we were hoping that it would warm-up a little bit before we got out there to run. It didn’t!

It was chilly (38 degrees) for the first couple of miles, but as soon as the fog started to lift and the sun was able to break through the clouds, it was pretty nice out. We ended up with a solid 8 mile run with some pretty consistent splits. Here are our splits from Saturday’s run:

1— 9:19
2— 9:08
3— 9:08
4— 9:16
5– 10:09 (2 min. walk)
6— 9:20
7— 9:19
8— 9:20

We both felt good for Saturday’s run and are so ready to go rock Istanbul this coming Sunday!


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday night we went to the Marine Corps Ball. It was a blast!

The girls started the evening by going and getting their hair done. I took a picture of this up-do with me to the hair salon.

curly wedding updos with small white flowers

I didn’t end up getting this exactly, but I loved how my hair turned out.


The ball was fantastic. It was so beautifully decorated.

DSCN0600The food was delicious!

We started with an appetizer of Smoked Duck Breast on Hummus and Green Lentil Salad with Paprika Vinaigrette.


I had never had duck before, so I was a little nervous, but it was so good!

For the main course, I had Grilled Lamb Loin Flavored with Rosemary and Garlic Wheat Risotto, Market Vegetables and Lamb Jus.



Rob had Roasted Beef Tenderloin on Vegetables, Shallot Confit and Merlot Reduction.

DSCN0612Dessert was Tiramisu.


We were really impressed with the food!

After dinner there was lots of dancing. I don’t have any dancing pictures, but here are a couple of photos we had taken at the ball.



I think we clean up pretty well! It was nice to get dressed up and go out for a few hours with some friends. We didn’t end up getting home until after 1 am, but we had so much fun!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Yesterday was a little more relaxing than I thought it was going to be. We didn’t get up until 10 o’clock, but I guess that is what happens when you don’t go to bed until after 2 am. We did manage to go get a few groceries and a few things for our trip to Istanbul in the afternoon, but we were so tired all day.

We ended up going to a friend’s house last night to hang out for a while, watch some football, and play some poker. It was a good time, but we ended up staying up later than we were expecting too, as we were already tired from the ball.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We are so tired today! We were supposed to run today, but decided to push it to tomorrow because we just need some time to rest and relax. Even though we didn’t ended up running today, it was still a pretty productive day. I was able to get the house picked up, get some laundry done, and go to a different store to pick up a few more groceries and items for Istanbul.

This week’s running is just to keep the legs fresh. There is no pressure for our runs this week. We have already put in the hard work.


We are ready to go rock Istanbul! Everything we have done over the last 17 weeks will pay off on Sunday. But most of all, we are going to enjoy every second of the whole marathon experience!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

– Tell us what you did this past weekend!

Thanks for reading!

~Brooke & Rob